SecretofUs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English RPG on Secret of Grindea. Private.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

blablalba trying something

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Salamander
Admin
Salamander

Character sheet
Health:
blablalba trying something Left_bar_bleue0/1000blablalba trying something Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)
Energy:
blablalba trying something Left_bar_bleue0/500blablalba trying something Empty_bar_bleue  (0/500)
Management:

blablalba trying something Empty
PostSubject: blablalba trying something   blablalba trying something I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar - 4:27

Raphael Allard

> 20

> Male

> "I'll go when I'm good and ready."

Hometown:

Raphael was born to his Mother and Father in Shalour City twenty years ago. With his father leaving when he was but two years old, he grew up with only his mother. Due to the tragedies that occurred in Shalour City during the "Z Incident", when Raphael was five years old, he and his mother moved to Wedgehurst in Galar, having lost their homes and sense of safety in Kalos during the ensuing tragedies.

Physical Appearance:

A young man who cares about his aesthetic, Raph has a certain look he likes and he works to maintain it. His black hair is let fall loose, but its length is maintained meticulously. His clothes are all black, but textured to stand out from one another... and of course, he wears the signature fingerless gloves of a pokémon trainer. At a glance, Raph's personality is not betrayed by his appearance, he looks the part of a perfect league challenger.

Even in terms of physicality, it's at an odd disputation with the way he behaves. One as lethargic as he would be assumed to be weighty, sluggish and unkempt, but Raph couldn't be farther from this. The young man is in excellent physical condition, toned and standing a cool 6 foot even in height. His arms are bulky and his legs are well used, perhaps he played sports in his younger years? Has a secret training routine despite his lazy attitude? The exact answer is known only to him it seems.

The most striking feature about Raph, as many will tell you, are his eyes. Pure, ice blue crystals that are soft, yet piercing. As a young boy especially, he was often complimented on them.  He's especially fond of how recently, his chin and jawline have filled out to compliment them and make him look less "boyish". He might even be considered handsome, did he not always have some combination of lazy eyes and a muk eating grin or scowl.

Reference Image:

Spoiler:

blablalba trying something RrwDZ3T

Strengths:

- Tactician:

Raph has lived most of his life in relative peace, yet a time in his youth that nearly cost him everything has inspired him to take on the mindset of a survivalist. Devilishly intelligent and mindfully motivated in a way most people don't assume, he applies himself in battles and other intense situations by staying three steps ahead of his opponents. Skilled in making use of the battlefield itself, basic battle know how, underhanded tactics and positional control, Raph wins battles by utilizing the unorthodox in tandem with his teams well honed skills. A factor that can contribute to his laziness occasionally, as it often lets him sneak his way around the power difference others gain via diligent training. If Raph applied himself and worked as hard as others, he'd truly be a force to be reckoned with... shame that.

- Poker Faced:

Raph is almost always calm and carefree at a glance, a lazy lad that lets life float him along. Don't get him wrong, that is the person he is, though it's a state of mind that's incredibly difficult to change or alter in him. Despite the situation or stresses around him, Raph will rarely lose his cool. He'll keep that calm smile and glinting gaze even when it seems the whole room is turned against him... skills in deception and persuasion come as an added bonus of this ability. Still at times this trait comes down to a facade, Raph is not unfeeling or unfettered by the actions of others, he's simply very skilled at pretending not to care. Like every fortress however, there are weaknesses to exploit... and there are a few key buttons that one can push to knock away Raph's calm demeanor and drag out a killer temper.

- Physically Fit:

Somehow despite most conceptions, Raphael is in very good shape. He has good stamina, well trained muscles, a good deal of physical strength and a greater boon of celerity. In times of trouble he can hold himself well in a fight, a skill he took to training from the young age of five following the complications surrounding that period of his life. He's fully trained in a form of Johtoan martial arts and not too shabby when it comes to sucker punches and quick scraps as well. Woe the person who comes at Raph thinking he's all talk. Still, despite his fitness, Raph prefers to take it easy all the same... one is very unlikely to see him make use of his physical training unless the situation is truly dire.

- Tech Savvy:

Technology is easy to fiddle with from the comfort of your own home or a nice, comfy chair. Raph has really taken to it for this reason... though even his lazy bones can't deny he feels a strong affinity for it all the same. Raph loves to tinker and fiddle with machines and computers, a little bit of programming here, some neat engineering there. The world he lives in is full of opportunities to throw together some interesting inventions and a part of him really wants to push those boundaries. It's one of the few things in this world that Raph will actually regularly put some effort into.

Weaknesses:

- Lethargy:

Raphael is incredibly lazy. If he were writing this as a self description in fact, the previous sentence is all you'd get out of him. He likes to take his time to do everything, resting on his laurels and breathing in the world around him when really, there's work that should be getting done. A good nap can be just as worth it as a good experience in his book and if it weren't for the circumstances of his life making a career as a trainer a necessity for him, he might never have even left his house. Despite his intelligence he barely passed Trainer School by doing the absolute bare minimum to obtain his ATC. It's a mystery for the ages as to how he stays so well in shape. His potential as he is, is unfulfilled... and if he stopped procrastinating as much as he does he might reach his goals a lot quicker than it looks like he's going to.

- Temperamental:

While difficult, it's possible to push and probe Raph's buttons and hit him in his emotional weak spots with the right knowledge. When hit where it metaphorically hurts in this case, Raph's calm demeanor breaks and his usual smirk contorts into a scowl. He becomes aggressive, emotional and in some cases, physically violent if pushed too far. On one or two occasions he's gotten in trouble for going too far and seriously hurting himself or someone else because he can't control his temper. It doesn't take long for him to cool down thankfully, but when he does he finds himself full of regret and frustration for his inability to control himself, like a little dark part in him is always full of anger and hate, just waiting to break free. Raphael hates that part of himself with a passion.

- Pre-Existing Heart Condition:

From birth, Raphael has suffered with a severe defect in his heart. At times of great stress, physical or in extreme cases mental, Raph's heart rate will skyrocket and he may suffer a minor attack or worse. On one specific occasion in his youth, he went into cardiac arrest, but was saved at the last moments in his mothers arms by a mysterious blonde haired doctor. He carries medication on his person at all times to help combat the problem, yet if hit by a severe attack he may be unable to administer the drugs to himself. His mother worries and warns him to be careful, making friends to travel with on his pokémon journey... but a lack of self concern and a more than anti-social attitude on his part puts him at serious risk if the circumstances are right.

Aspirations:

Raphael's only goal is to get through life, one war or the other, at his own pace. In order to facilitate that goal, he must become a talented trainer in some regard. Gym battles, contests, or some other path that might open up before him, Raph will try them all in pursuit of his ultimate goal; success. Yet with his lazy personality and carefree attitude the goal of simply succeeding for whatever reasons he keeps may prove more difficult than it first appears... but hey! At least he graduated from trainer school! In his mind, it's best to take baby steps, especially at the start of a new chapter.

Rival:

Rivals are tiring and Raph couldn't be bothered to consider anyone for the title. Still, his attitude and general manner of speaking can really grate on the nerves of some of the people he meets, classmates included and in particular... so maybe he's already someone's rival and simply hasn't realized it? (Open to change this if another PC is interested in having Raphael as their rival.)

Roleplay Sample:

"Absolutely not."

The words were pushed through parsed lips, accompanied by disbelieving eyes. The woman, mid forties, absent-mindedly slammed her hand down onto the small kitchenette counter beside her. Her white knuckles unfurled and resting over the documents. Mortgage loan repayments, electricity, water, a shopping receipt... medical bills.

"I somehow knew you'd make this difficult for me..." There's a tired tone that returns the aggressive response, words dripping with a false sort of joviality. The young mans eyes are closed and his lips are pursed in a sad smile, despite his expression his brow is creased... and his mind in distress. She would never understand. "I'm sorry... it's a lot of effort to argue this you know? You know I don't like wasting time with that sort of stuff if it isn't necessary. I'm a grown man, you aren't able to stop me, legally or otherwise." The eyes slowly open, their expression a mix of mirth and severe regret. He didn't want to speak like this to her, not because it was tiring, but because it hurt. "I'm going."

"-Could! Could you just for once stop being so selfish?" Her words are strained and her eyes are wet now. "I let that woman take you into that school because I wanted you to make friends... but you didn't, you barely even went!..." She trails off as he shakes his head.

"But I passed, everything, like I said I would." From his wallet the young man produces a small silvery card. "This... is the only permission I need to-"

"To do what you've planned from the start?" She interjects again, his brow becomes more furrowed, his smile breaking into a wobbly line. She knows what this is doing to him, he knows it too, but he also knows she won't stop. "What if you never come back? What if you walk out that door and I never see you again, what if you make a choice for yourself that comes with a price for the people you're supposed to love? I could..." Her words continue to drone on in his ears, he can barely hear what she's saying anymore, his teeth are clenching and his heart is hurting, in more ways than one. Her voice continues incessantly nagging in his ear, pushing, pushing, pushing him over the edge until...

"I'm not Dad!"

The outburst causes a sudden, somber quiet in the room. The first tears slowly start to fall from her eyes as she looks on in shock. The young man in front of her is hunched slightly, his jaw tight, eyes focused on the floor. Tears are falling from his eyes now too, lightly splashing on the ground. "I'm not doing this to leave you... I'm doing this so I can stay. If you can't accept that then you'll just have to wait and see, wait for the moment I turn out to be right." He wipes the wet droplets from his face and turns away slowly, walking towards the front door of their small home on the edge of Wedgehurst.

His hand grips the handle as he tries to stow away his feelings, but the chocked sob he hears from just behind him gives him pause. "R-Raph..."

As Raphael turns, his mother wraps her arms around him and holds him so tight he might just break... yet as he returns the gesture he realizes now, as a man rather than a boy, how much more fragile than him she is in that moment. He just holds her quietly, her cries are a voice he can't find the words to answer.

She tells him she's sorry. He tells her he knows.

The light of the morning sun shines down onto Raphael as the memory fades away, he glances down into the palm of his hand. Clenched there is a red sphere, halved in white, containing another life. A pokémon. His pokémon. It gave him a moment of pause, to wonder and doubt. Was this... really the right thing to do?

Yet as the golden rays brush his cheek he sighs and tosses the orb once in his hand. He let those thoughts fade away in that moment, as they were useless to him now, no benefit gained from dwelling when he was already walking this path.

"..." He waits a moment in silence, before giving a small smirk. "Man... this, is already exhausting."

Vito

> Spheal

> Male

> "Sphee!!!"

Moveset:

- Rollout

- Defense Curl

- Powder Snow

- Growl

- Water Gun

- Aqua Ring (Egg Move)

Ability:

Oblivious:

The Pokémon is oblivious, and that keeps it from being infatuated or falling for taunts.

Nature & Characteristic:

Hasty nature, impetuous and silly.

Back to top Go down
https://secretofus.board-directory.net

blablalba trying something
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SecretofUs :: Informations :: System-
Jump to: